In this comprehensive toolbox, Dr. David Pratt shares essentials cognitive and behavioral skill building activities created and honed over his 40 year career.
Each worksheet and handout is accompanied by straight-forward explanations, highlighted as ‘Therapist Tips’ to guide the clinician in presenting the material to children and adolescents in an empathic and effective style. The highly practical interventions are structured activities that are reproducible and ready-to-go for sessions.
Help your young clients get the most out of therapy, and start improving the challenges in their lives with:
- Tools for mood management
- Mindfulness practices
- Cognitive processing and cognitive restructuring
- Teaching essential social skills
- Game plans to face and fight anxiety
- Managing self-harm and suicidal urges
- Motivation counseling and goal setting
- Strategies to improve parent involvement